Telesales V Telemarketing
Hands up who knows the difference between telesales and telemarketing?
There is definitely a degree of confusion around these two terms. Here are a couple of useful definitions that put both into perspective:
- TELESALES is: A service that sells your products or services directly to the customer by telephone.
- TELEMARKETING is: A service that generates interest, creates opportunities, provides information, takes account of customer feedback, makes appointments and produces leads by telephone.
I know that as a telemarketing company we often have to explain the difference between the two. This is to make sure our prospective customers know if our service is the right one for them.
At IQ 4 Business we have built a reputation for;
- enjoying the cold calling process,
- being good at developing relationships by phone between our clients and the companies they want to do business with,
- and most importantly keeping our clients on the radar for when their target customer is ready to buy.
The statistics are quite daunting for cold calling. Only 3 in every 100 calls are with people who are actually interested in knowing more about your company and open to making an appointment! Of the remaining 97 there will be a proportion who just aren’t interested at that time BUT never forget that there may come a time when you make that call and it is just what they want. The skill of a good telemarketing company is to keep an acceptable level of contact with prospects to make sure that when they are ready to buy they pick up the phone to speak to our clients.
This all takes time and this is what most of us don’t have because we are busy delivering products and services in the here and now. If you get it right a good telemarketing company will become your outsourced business development team without the costly overheads of employing BD staff.
If you are looking to grow your business and don’t have the time to spend on the phone or you just don’t like picking up the phone then drop us an email at email@example.com.